On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:56:06 -0200
Jorge <xxopxe@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/07/2013 07:36 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Speaking of tarpits, what the heck does "semantic" mean?
>
> If I was a computer, mi mind would have had a stack overflow right
> there.

LOL.

Also, if you were a computer, you'd reject all the silly uses of the
word that seem to pop up every time someone talks code and tries to
sound smart.

Perhaps this is the solution to the stack overflow:

function semantic_usage_correct(usage)
	if makes_sense(usage) == "definitely"
		return(0)
	elseif makes_sense(usage) == "no way"
		return(1)
	elseif you_are_tired_of_this_krap(usage)
		return(-1)
	else
		usage = get_more_info(usage)
		return(semantic_usage_correct(usage))
	end
end

The thing that keeps you from stack overflowing is the test for
you_are_tired_of_this_krap(usage) :-)

Now, could somebody please code the makes_sense() function?

Thanks,

SteveT