Though I like the convenience of this approach for my own apps, it must be noted that the big drawback here is security. Having shared libraries on a system makes it easy to upgrade them and have multiple applications share the latest fixed/patched version. Imagine a windows system where the user would have to install security .NET patches individually for each application installed.
But in this case probably a non-issue.
Thijs