On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Craig Barnes <craigbarnes85@gmail.com> wrote:
> Quoting myself:
>> If someone packages your app for a distribution, they'll
>> use whatever method you provide for changing the
>> install prefix (generally a PREFIX variable in a Makefile).
>
> Most Makefiles would also use that PREFIX variable to
> make a record in the executable of where to find it's
> modules. So all a user should need to do for a working
> installation is:
>
>   make install PREFIX=/some/custom/prefix
>
> Or a distro packager could use:
>
>   make install PREFIX=/usr
>
> (The Lua Makefile actually doesn't do this, and requires
> you to also change LUA_ROOT in luaconf.h.)

That seems like a good idea, although in my case, the application is
written entirely in Lua (lgi is nice), so the "makefile" (which would
have nothing to do besides installing) would have to edit or insert a
line in the script to set that path. Maybe an "install" script written
in Lua would work better here.

--
Sent from my Game Boy.