Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> writes:
>   I personally prefer LuaRocks over LuaDist (I've never heard of
> LuaDist) if for one reason---LuaRocks does not require CMake (none
> of the systems I use have CMake installed) and in fact, can use the
> existing build system of the module.

... and despite its many fanboys (perhaps its most notable attribute),
cmake generally seems to be a real dog -- obscure, hard to use, hard
to modify, and fragile.

I've had lots of problems with premake too (premake-built build
systems seem to _never_ work right on my systems, generally suffering
badly from the "works for the author" syndrome), but at least it's
written in Lua... :]

-miles

--
Sabbath, n. A weekly festival having its origin in the fact that God made the
world in six days and was arrested on the seventh.