On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:01 PM, Patrick <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:

> I don't think the Python-tutor list has not outgrown the main Python list. This could be a template.

Then one ends up with the following discussions:

"Can someone tell me what kinds of questions should be asked in this list and what kinds in the tutor section?"
http://code.activestate.com/lists/python-list/636304/

Extract:

"…

The python tutor list is mainly for folks who might be new to programming OR folks who have a thinner skin than your average grape and thus need to be spoken to in an /overly/ kind manner. This list is for real world communications and some replies can be acerbic (especially if you want someone to do your homework for you!).

So the moral is:

 * If you want good answers that are not likely to offend
   your delicate sensibilities, then ask on PyTutor.

 * If you want good answers to your questions in a strait-
   forward-and-to-the-point-manner (which may include the
   occasional "RTFM you idiot!", or "Here, LMGTFY; you lazy
   bassturd!") then ask here.

…"