On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:
> :) Sorry. I've been really trying to find an opportunity to quote Dan
> Aykroyd....

Ha, I dig the man too (especially with the other guy with dark glasses).

> Bottom line is, a great question has brought about multiple great
> ideas for how to accomplish the goal of module management, global
> space protection and performance (typical Lua).

Yes, it's the kind of thing that needs to end up in the wiki.  I
suppose I start from the idea that the actual module structure is
secondary to the API that the user is supposed to see.  It isn't
necessary that 'every module is a table' but many users will expect
this, and so forth.  Private helper modules are useful, and they are
hidden by the simple means of leaving them out of the documentation.

Breaking the functionality into too small bites may be a case of
premature optimization....

I worry less about the module problem because I tolerate larger module
sizes than most people.  This is not necessarily something to be proud
of ;)

steve d.