On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Bas Groothedde <lua@xoru.net> wrote:
> Hi there list!
>
> I have migrated to a new server this week, and I obviously installed Lua,
> LuaRocks and aside from that
> the luasql-mysql module. Installation was going well, and if I use require
> "luasql.mysql"; no errors are
> thrown into the shell.
>
> The weird thing is, that it seems as if it isn't actually loading the
> module. There is no luasql object in
> lua after this require...
>
> The mysql.so file is in /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/luasql/luasql/mysql.so

Those two "/luasql/luasql/" seem to be your problem. There should be
only one "/luasql/" there.

However, I just tested the luasql-mysql rock here and it installed
correctly. What versions are you using? I'm running LuaRocks 2.0.12
here with luasql-mysql 2.3.0-1.

Also, what is your OS?

-- Hisham
http://luarocks.org/