On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Joseph Manning <manning@cs.ucc.ie> wrote:
> No, sorry, I was not very clear -- many other languages indeed use "!=",
> but I was referring to Perl's "there's more than one way to do it" style

Indeed!  I've been doing stuff in MoonScript recently, which kindly
allows both != and ~=. But what it did was make me hesitate - which
side did I want to be on?  Decided to stick to the titlde.

Or having both single and double-quoted strings, semantically
equivalent.  Being a lazy guy, I pick the single quotes since they're
easier to type, but other people are much more organized ;)

steve d.