On 01/15/2013 03:34 AM, Alexey Baskakov wrote:
Hi, Everyone!

I'm happy to announce my new open source project.

LuaCSP library is a framework that allows you to create pseudo-concurrent programming language embeddable in your application.

https://github.com/loyso/LuaCSP

I'm interested in any feedback!

First off, let me say I'm excited to see CSP coming to Lua. I've only really played around with Go's implementation of CSP (which doesn't strictly follow the original CSP IIRC.) It will be nice to play around when I finally get this compiling[1].

Now without having actually compiled and tested it, it sounds like it's using a modified version of Lua 5.2's source code which will produce a separate interpreter & library. Assuming that's true, how invasive were the changes and how feasible would it be to make it a Lua module instead? It could, for instance, build as a module on systems that support/want it and build as a library (as a replacement to the standard Lua) for those wanting to easily embed it (perhaps there's a better way, but it's still morning here, so I'm not going to dwell on it too much.)

[1] GCC isn't currently supported, but I've fixed some of the cross platform issues already on my github fork.