On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Patrick <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
> If I use GPL code in a C lua module and then "require" it into a lua script,
> that lua script does not have to be GPL as well correct?

my understanding is that the "derived works" concept applies if your
code can work just the same without the GPL'ed part.

for example: the standalone Lua interpreter can use GNU readline if
available; but if not, it's not the end of the world, so it's not a
"derived work" from the GPL'ed readline library.

if your Lua script can't run without the GPL part, then it must be GPL'ed too

--
Javier