On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Thijs Schreijer <thijs@thijsschreijer.nl> wrote:
Any ideas, hints or tips?

Ship the simplest thing that could possibly work--collaborative drivers which can nuke each other when they misbehave, and only fix problems when/if they occur :) Drivers isolation might make sense, depending on the number of drivers on a typical install, the amount of 3rd party contributions, whether a watchdog relaunching the whole thing when stuck is acceptable, etc. but it's far from obvious.

You'll figure out the best compromise between robustness and over-engineering through usage. Besides, it will encourage you to write your code with as little assumptions as possible wrt the threading model, which is a good thing.

With Luasched, we've found out that there were much less threading and freezing issues than we would have anticipated.