On 05/01/2013 03:13, Coda Highland wrote:
On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM,  <lihwa@gmx.com> wrote:
Greetings to all Lua programmers,

I want to save a complete table, as it is, to a file. According to the
information at http://lua-users.org/wiki/SaveTableToFile, it is not
possible, because "Userdata, Functions, Metatables" will not be saved. This
is a serious restriction.

Is there a way to save a complete table, without restrictions?

Li Hwa

There are a few serialization systems out there (no links handy at the
moment), but you do want to be careful with that as deserializing
untrusted data could end you up with malicious functions.

/s/ Adam

I am not very familiar with the terminology. Does "serialization" simply means saving a table to a file?