Hi,

I totally second Nils point of view.

In addition, lgi is a glue but as the dirty work is done by libraries.
As the link is done using introspection, consequently
improvement/changes are done at libraries level only. More, this system
allow to support new libraries w/o impacting lgi itself.

So the risk you mentioned is very low : even if LGI developers give up,
it will not impact the future of your application.

Bye

Laurent