I want to use Lua for GUI programming but it's scary to know what project to use as a foundation, I am going nowhere.

I start this thread because i considering lgi but was worried that the lgi project might be a bad one and I was afraid that if the single developer abandoned it that I would be screwed.

I just ran sloccount on the source directory:

SLOC    Directory    SLOC-by-Language (Sorted)
4559    lgi             ansic=4559

Totals grouped by language (dominant language first):
ansic:         4559 (100.00%)

Total Physical Source Lines of Code (SLOC)                = 4,559

I don't know much of anything about gobject yet and I don't understand the code but at 4.5K lines. I think even I could carry on development by myself(so of course you could too) if the developer abandoned it.

I think this is a very strong argument in favour of adopting it.