On 4 January 2013 20:52, Patrick <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
I want to use Lua for GUI programming but it's scary to know what project to use as a foundation, I am going nowhere.

If all you need is to make a GUI, have it react to some events, and do application logic in Lua without getting really intimate about the GUI framework details, lqt is also an option.

Yes, it is neglected and an impenetrable-magic-black-box when you want to do advanced stuff (implementing your own signals, creating custom widgets with the need to call/override private methods, etc.), but in my opinion it is usable, and you have support from tools like the QtDesigner with which you can create the UI instead of doing it in code.