Rena <hyperhacker@gmail.com> writes:
> I always thought Lua would benefit if it provided functions
> cancall() and canindex(), and libraries (especially the standard
> libraries) used them instead of checking for specific types.

Yeah, adding "type predicates" of some sort is an idea that's
suggested periodically when talking about type-handling; I think they
would be much cleaner in many cases than using the output of type().

But nothing's ever come of such suggestions... I'm crossing my fingers
for Lua 5.3... :]

-miles

--
Virtues, n. pl. Certain abstentions.