On 12/12/2012 02:58 PM, Pierre-Yves Gérardy wrote:
Cool :-)

-- Pierre-Yves

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Marco Bambini <marco@sqlabs.net> wrote:
Yes Pierre and we are working on it with our cubeSQL sqlite based server.

That's not exactly the same thing as adding "Lua-based stored procedures to SQLite," is it? Amongst other things, the C SDK for cubeSQL does not provide the sqlite3 API (or does it)? So applications built on sqlite3 will not automatically run on cubeSQL.

At any rate, Lua stored procedures are already in PostGreSQL via PL/Lua.

But the more important question is, since the advantage of a stored procedure in a RDMS is typically that it runs directly on the server without having to move data back and forth over a serialized (and typically network) connection... but sqlite is typically run with the database accessed locally by the client, so why not just write your procedure directly in the "client" in Lua, accessing the DB through whichever is your preferred adapter to sqlite3?

-- David