On Dec 7, 2012, at 1:39 PM, liam mail <liam.list@googlemail.com> wrote:

> It was mentioned a few times at the Workshop that outside of the
> smallish community of Lua users, many people do not know of the
> existence of the Language. With the Workshop only just finished and
> with some excellent current content available to tout to these
> potential users I posted a reddit thread in the r/lua section[1].
> Unfortunately this does not seem to have found much love with
> currently just thirty odd up votes and a hand full of down. Therefore
> a thread has also been posted to HackerNews[2] to see if this can
> spread the content and the appeal of Lua.
>
> I ask that anyone that has an Reddit,HackeNews or Youtube[3] account,
> up votes the entries if they would like the Language to gain more
> traction and maybe more people will get the opportunity to work with
> Lua in their day jobs[4]

Lua is already the most popular embeddable language, so I don't know how much more awareness can be expected for a language not designed to be general purpose. It's a workhorse language whose success comes from how invisible it is, staying out of the way and quietly powering great things without making its presence known. The best way to evangelize it is to add to its list of accomplishments by using it in projects, so that one can point to them and say that Lua is in there making things happen.

Preston