On 09/12/2012 18:58, Dirk Laurie wrote:
This does not mean that I accept Jay's point about implicit parentheses — but
Denis has taken that up, allowing me slink away quietly in disgrace.

Thanks for passing me the to-do list ;-)

I won't say more. Actually, I was not 100% sure whether it was me missing an otherwise obvious point or whether there was a flaw somewhere in Dirk's words, or --probably-- implicit but in fact missing complementary information ("data"). Stop here.

Denis