2012/12/9 Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com>:

> However, an experiment involving code that calls lua_concat on a table of
> objects with metamethods that print information about their arguments, reveals
> that table.concat in fact does the concatenation from left to right.

to something presentable — and realized with a shock that by pushing
the elements
of the table onto the stack, their order is reversed! So lua_concat
does what it should!
Sorry about the noise.

This does not mean that I accept Jay's point about implicit parentheses — but
Denis has taken that up, allowing me slink away quietly in disgrace.