Thanks. However, my repository "Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS" does not even contain the "lua-filesystem" package...

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Enrico Tassi <gares@fettunta.org> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 12:06:24AM +0100, František Fuka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I upgraded to Lua 5.2 on my Xubuntu but now I am unable to find .deb
> packages with "Filesystem" and "Socket" libraries for Lua 5.2. What are
> their names? If they are not in Ubuntu repositories, can I download them

All Lua related packages have been renamed using a more natural scheme,
hence the packages you are looking for are:

  lua-filesystem
  lua-socket

There is no Lua version number in the package name since packages (may)
ship the same library for multiple Lua versions. As you can see running:

  apt-cache show lua-socket lua-filesystem | egrep 'Package|Lua-Versions'

lua-filesystem ships the lfs module for Lua 5.1 and 5.2, while lua-socket
gives you the modules for Lua 5.1 only, for the reasons explained in
other replies.

Regards
--
Enrico Tassi