During Lua Workshop 2012 I got the idea to create a Lua VM that runs in the browser.  I was pointed to the ljs project that does just this for lua 5.1 bytecode.  But since I wanted to use luajit in my web app, I decided to write another VM.

Brozula is this project.  It's still a work in progress, but it can already parse most the bytecode dump format and execute a subset of lua.  So far, it's pretty fast.  Kick the tires, tell me what you think.  And be gentle, I did just start this 5 days ago.

https://github.com/creationix/brozula