Am 27.11.2012 14:07, schrieb Rob Kendrick:
Yes.  I'd be interested in hearing your plans for byte code
verification; as far as I can tell it is a halting problem, and the
false sense of security it might provide is one of the reasons it was
removed from Lua 5.2.

+1 to this explanation.

I would say:
It is not possible to guarantee sane byte code (particular if it is created in bad faith) but it should possible to guarantee to know who is the creator of the byte code (by cryptographic signing) So, my question is: What is meant by "secure (byte) code"? What kind or level of security is aimed?

Cheers
Frank