On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 01:52:09PM +0100, Stefan Reich wrote:
> Yo folks (good as well as bad :)
>
> I hope you will receive this message. FYI, Lua-L is censored
> territory; you may, for example, not talk about poverty here. (The
> existence of poverty, apparently, is incompatible with the censors'
> world view.) Just thought it's good if the public hears about this,
> as the censors do not seem to inform the public about themselves or
> their regime.

I suspect this is simply because of your tendancy to send emails with
contents like the above paragraph: they're way way way off-topic.  Note
that this email, whose contents is mostly on-topic, appears to have
reached the list just fine.

> I am a heavy user of the product myself and I have things in mind
> for Pluto, mainly:
>
> -Safety (Pluto image + byte code verification)
> -Cross-platform compatibility of all images
> -Better bebug output (as in Tamed Pluto)
>
> #1 is a bit more complicated - the other two are as good as done.

Yes.  I'd be interested in hearing your plans for byte code
verification; as far as I can tell it is a halting problem, and the
false sense of security it might provide is one of the reasons it was
removed from Lua 5.2.

On that note; support for Lua 5.2.  Portability to a wider range of
"esoteric" platforms, as well as the portability of the output as you
describe.  Streaming interface suitable for file or socket or in-memory
piece-meal construction.  Filters for the likes of gzipping.  (Pluto may
have developed some of these since I last looked.)

B.