On 11/21/12 12:12 AM, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:
    window:set_type_hint('POPUP_MENU')
and
    local window = Gtk.Window { type_hint = 'POPUP_MENU' }
don't work.

Sorry, it should have been just 'POPUP', not 'POPUP_MENU'.

Having a look on Gdk library, I found that Gdk.Window contains a method
named *set_decorations() *allowing to specify explicitly which
decoration we can Put.

But any way to use this methods on a Gtk window ?

AFAIR you can access Gdk.Window from any Gtk.Widget either as 'window' property or by calling get_window() method. So something like this

local window = Gtk.Window()
window:show_all()
window.window:set_decorations(...)

could work, but I'm not sure. This is already too far in Gtk/Gdk, I haven't tried these things yet (and it is probably drifting offtopic for this list).

hth,
Pavel