On 11/20/12 1:48 AM, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:
Hello all,

I'm restarting to play with LGI and Gtk ... and facing some problems :)

How can I prevent a window to be iconified ?

As per some search, I found
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2004-December/msg00368.html
suggesting to use HINT, but unfortunately, it seems this enumeration
isn't created during the introspection.

I mean, I found "WindowTypeHint" in the Gtk's gir file,
butGtk.WindowTypeHint remains unset.

I cannot try it 'live' right now, but isn't the problem that WindowTypeHint is from Gdk and not Gtk namespace, therefore you should use 'Gdk.WindowTypeHint' instead? Also, since it is enum, it should be possible to use string literal instead. Following should porbably work:

local window = Gtk.Window {}
window:set_type_hint('POPUP_MENU')

And since type-hint is event the window property, you can probably use

local window = Gtk.Window { type_hint = 'POPUP_MENU' }

hth,
Pavel