Maybe related, or not:

   print(string.format("%s", true))
==>
   Error: xyz.lua:192: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got boolean)

_Sometimes_, in some program files (and the same with other non-string and non-number types). (This is why I was so surprised when, in a previous thread, Luiz H. de Figueiredo just stepped it to note it's right what format now does in 5.2 (auto-convert to string). I then checked in a test file, and it worked like a charm. But I knew I had had these errors precisely, reason of my to wrap that into a printf and worrying. These same errors now come back in different files of 2 different projects. And again I have checked I don't modify by error any builtin func or "type-table".)

Thank you,
Denis

PS: it's Lua 5.2.0, not 5.2.1 as indicated by error in previous post, sorry.
PPS: I still dream of a PL where the sign for defining a symbol and the sign for redefining one would not so strangely be the same (and so strangely be '='!). So that, among other semantic and practicle benefits, it would not be possible to modify builtins unintentionnally and without even beeing notified; and maybe we would not need names like __newindex or such, just for protection against our feable brains ;-)