On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 05:14:07AM -0500, Rena wrote:
> Thanks, that seems to have done it... but I'm curious why LuaRocks
> doesn't seem to be able to find the .pc files for any packages.

Probably you miss some -dev packages. Try

  sudo apt-get build-dep lua-lgi

It will install all the packages needed to build the lua-lgi package.
They are debian packages for the glib/gobject stack, I guess luarocks
knows nothing about non lua specific packages.

BTW, the lua-lgi-dev package also contains a copy of the documentation
in /usr/share/doc/lua-lgi-dev/docs/ for offline reading.

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi