Subject: Re: how to prevent bugs without static type checking?
To: lua-l@lists.lua.org

On 26/10/2012 05:36, Andrew Starks wrote:
> On a related note, I really wish that nil was not false, although I know
> I'm in the minority on that one. :)

I wish there would at least 4 notions: undef, none, false, failure (as in "no
such file'config.lua'"). And none of them would be a value, except for none as
default param. (I know I'm in the minority on that one. :)

Denis

Also NAN (not-a-number) has its uses. Tho I do agree with nil as false, in that a missing variable can not possibly be TRUE.

- David Warman

--
- David Warman