Hello:
The loading and execution of the objects is done for all objects.
Basically here's how this works, or at least how I see it working.
When objects are currently loaded, their script is executed. The script is just stored on a property on the object so I can edit it with an in-game editor. So, if the script is on a room for example or an NPC, I'd like to do something like: self:AddExit("north", 32) or something. Events are the same way:
self:AddEvent("OnEnter", onEnter)
I have a rather outdated but functional copy of my work at:
http://code.google.com/p/aspenmud.
I'd just like to clean up scripting and make it work a lot better, but I don't have a very great knowledge of Lua to do so, so I'm looking for any advice on how to do so. Mainly I'm trying to make the scripting side more OO-like, and I'd like to know if the execution method that I had in a couple emails back is what is recommended for sandboxing each object. I think here sandboxing is the wrong word, but it sort of gives it it's own environment to work in, so that if I have say, two onEnter functions on two different rooms, there won't be name collisions.