On 16/10/12 19:35, Sam Roberts wrote:
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Jorge <xxopxe@gmail.com> wrote:
I would love a luasocket that would accept fds as well as sockets.

luasocket does accept fds as well as sockets (on unix).

I was misled by this: "Currently, support is provided for TCP and UDP, but nothing prevents other developers from implementing SSL, Local Domain, Pipes, File Descriptors etc." (http://w3.impa.br/~diego/software/luasocket/introduction.html)

Is this documented somewhere? I guess i'm supposed to pass the fd to socket.select(), but what is a fd for luasocket? The file object from io.*? Or something else?

Jorge