> 2012/10/6 Thomas Harning Jr. <harningt@gmail.com>:
>
>> Note on the 'json' module pollution, if there is a general consensus
>> among users of the library (wherever they may be), I'll remove this
>> pollution.
>
> Remove a library that is actually being maintained?  Never!

If I understand well he is not proposing to remove the library,
he means removing the use of the 'json' global, meaning you
will have to write:

    local json = require "json"

or skip the local keyword if you really want it global.

I think it is a good idea, especially since "json" is a very generic
name which could conflict with other packages.

--
Pierre 'catwell' Chapuis