Am 04.10.12 22:18, schrieb Ryan Pusztai:
Hi Peter and All,

I am trying to use the LuaSQL Postgres module from the binary release
of batteries-0.9.1.
Has anyone successfully used it in this package? If not I wrote a test
that breaks everytime.

    local luasql= require( "luasql.postgres" )
    local environment= luasql.postgres()
    local connection= environment:connect( "my_table", "user",
    "password", "server" )-- EXPLODES
    print( "A message never seen" )

I can not call connect() at all. I have tested that the MySQL does work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

imo, luasql is only good if you do simple, cross platform applications. if you want to do serious PostgreSQL stuff, you are much better off with my luapgsql binding that you will find on github.

that said, I tested the postgres connectore and it worked for me. it is just more or less useless, imo ;)

--
Regards,
Ryan

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Peter Drahoš <drahosp@gmail.com