On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 07:19:05 +0800
Xavier Wang <weasley.wx@gmail.com> wrote:

> I prefer lua-repl has a plugin-framework as fast as it can. it makes
> someone write plugin to implement ideas in IDEAS.md.
>
> you can use Serpent[1] to do pretty print. maybe you can use curses
> (or other ones?) to do console syntax highlight. and you can make
> command-line-filter (meta-cmdline, just like e.g. !xxx call os.execute
> 'xxx'), all that things need a plugin framework :-)
>
> [1]: https://github.com/pkulchenko/serpent
>
> regards,
> Xavier Wang.
>

> 2012/9/29 Rob Hoelz <rob@hoelz.ro>
>
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce the latest release of lua-repl: version 0.2!
> >
> > lua-repl 0.2 introduces a linenoise implementation (which rep.lua
> > now uses if it can), along with tab completion and history
> > support.  If you want to make use of the linenoise implementation,
> > please install the linenoise rock first.
> >
> > Sources are here:
> >
> > https://github.com/downloads/hoelzro/lua-repl/lua-repl-0.2.tar.gz
> >
> > The rock isn't up (yet), but it should be here soon:
> >
> > http://luarocks.org/repositories/rocks/#luarepl
> >
> > -Rob

Hi Xavier!

Thanks for your interest in lua-repl; I had originally planned for
plugin support for this release, but after observing some weaknesses in
lua-repl 0.1 (namely, lack of basic history support), I decided to cut
a release with this feature in it as quickly as I could!  I have
already started work on the plugin framework, though. =)

Thanks,
Rob