On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> I'm happy to announce LuaRocks 2.0.11. LuaRocks is a deployment and
>> management system for Lua modules. (For more information, please visit
>> http://luarocks.org )
>
> A small suggestion: both the home page and the announcement could be more
> clear about its stance regarding Lua versions.

I'll look into it. Lua 5.2 support features were added since version
2.0.9 (May 2012), but I labeled that support "experimental" because I
didn't run many tests (we still don't have a proper test suite). From
the few reports I've received so far, the tool is working fine with
Lua 5.1, 5.2 and LuaJIT 2.0-beta (though it requires compatibility
features to be enabled in Lua 5.2, as it uses, for example, module()
). However, rocks in the repository are not tested to work with Lua
5.2. LuaRocks does have support for notating Lua version dependency
(the luafilesystem rock is notated as "lua >= 5.1, < 5.2" for example)
but many rocks were submitted as "lua >= 5.1" in the past and weren't
individually checked for Lua 5.2 support since its release. I'm
dealing with this on a case-by-case basis as I get reports.

If anyone out there is using LuaRocks with Lua 5.2, I'd love to hear
some feedback on how smoothly things are going.

-- Hisham