Hello Lua List :)

This is my first post and I'm quite new with Lua.

I've incorporated Lua in my 3d-engine and it works nicely.

But now I'm trying to split the declaration of functions and there execution into different calls to luaL_dostring
and I can't get it to work..

if i have the following lua script file:

function f()
io.write("Hello")
end

f()

And it prints hello if I run it with luaL_dostring, but if I split it into to calls

function f()
io.write("Hello")
end

and then

f()

it tells med that global f is nil ??

How do I declare function f so that I can execute it multiple times in other calls to luaL_dostring?

Best Regards
/Jacob

--
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -- Buddha