Solinsky, Jeff - PAL <Jeff.Solinsky <at> peektraffic.com> writes:
> To achieve my desired functionality I had to add features to luaproc to allow
sending and receiving
> messages from the parent thread or any other thread not running from the
luaproc scheduler.
> Additionally, my changes allow using luaproc send/receive from coroutines
created from
> luaproc.newproc() created lua states.

hi jeff,

when we first implemented luaproc we purposedly used a different api for the
parent lua process, which excluded the send and receive operations. that was
mostly because we felt luaproc was suited for a concurrency model where many lua
processes would be spawned to do the actual work and the parent would just act
like a master/coordinator. however, since then we had a few reports of people
who needed to send/receive messages from the parent, so that is definately
something we could consider.

> I think others would be interested in luaproc with my changes, I was wondering
if you would like to review the
> changes and possibly pull them into the github project.

i'll gladly consider incorporating your changes to luaproc. i'm working on a new
version, which should be out soon, but currently it is more about fixing bugs,
improving the documentation and optimizing code than introducing new features.

--alexandre

lists.lua.org] On Behalf Of Alexandre Skyrme