Hi Alexandre,

Someone wrote on stack Overflow concerning luaproc:
"it's not obvious to me how to use the scalar message-passing model to get results ultimately into a parent thread"

I had the same problem with a use case I was dealing with. I liked lua proc due to its simple and light implementation, but my use case had C code that was calling lua, which was triggering a co-routine that needed to send/receive messages to interact with other luaproc threads.

To achieve my desired functionality I had to add features to luaproc to allow sending and receiving messages from the parent thread or any other thread not running from the luaproc scheduler. Additionally, my changes allow using luaproc send/receive from coroutines created from luaproc.newproc() created lua states.

I added an additional luaproc.addproc() function to the api which is to be called from any lua state running from a context not controlled by the luaproc scheduler in order to set itself up with luaproc for sending/receiving messages.

I think others would be interested in luaproc with my changes, I was wondering if you would like to review the changes and possibly pull them into the github project.

I also reviewed the luaproc code and saw some areas of improvement and code reduction, but did not take on further tasks related to it.  I just needed to do some multi-threading in lua, and lulaproc seemed like a simple lightweight way to get up and running, though I needed to add the additions for lua states running outside the scheduler to send/receive messages.

Regards,

Jeff Solinsky, B.S. Computer Engineering Technology
Senior Software Systems Design Engineer
Peek Traffic Corporation
Sustainable Solutions for Traffic Technologies - THINK PEEK
2906 Corporate Way
Palmetto, FL 34221
Phone: (941) 845-1262
Fax: (941) 365-0837