On 17 September 2012 14:52, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> Regardless of if this is considered a bug or not could you explain in
>> what situation you would use such an operation?
>
> The same problem occurs with
>         print(64..s)

Yes I understand that and wondered if the OP was encountering the
problem like this or how it was written in the post but it just
stunned me that someone would write that code with constants.

For the record this is mention in PiL[1] as Michal recalled.

[1] page 13 2nd edition
(The .. is the string concatenation operator in Lua, When you write it
right after a numerical, you must separate them with a space;
otherwise, Lua thinks that the first dot is a decimal point)

Liam