On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 2:47 AM, Dan <balaam@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/9/14 Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com>
>>
>>   (Including,'hey, why not just host a load of pre-built binaries?')
>

> I'd definitely find this useful! I've built an android 2.2 luajit static
> library under cygwin but I'm not convinced I've actually done it correctly.
> It'd be great to have known working binary to test against!

+1, with source code too.

Because the relevant documentation is fragmentary, widely scattered on
the Web, and not suitable for novices, I'd also like to see a "Working
with Modules for the Compleat Idiot" how-to guide with topical pages
like (in no particular order):

* Where to install modules?

    ** Using package.path and package.cpath to return a listing of
searcher paths

   ** Interpreting the list

* How to change where Lua looks for module searchers.

* Mandatory content of init.lua?

* Mandatory content of init.so?

* Mandatory content of loadall.so?

* Writing a Lua module loader. Links to
<http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaModulesLoader> and
<http://www.keplerproject.org/compat/>.

* Relevant differences among Lua versions, with an eye toward
modification of example code written for a version of Lua the user
doesn't have.

* Working with LuaRocks or LuaDist.

* Links to related pages for folks with more advanced skills or for
novices determined to learn more, e.g.,

   ** <http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/pil2/chapter15.pdf>.

   ** <http://lua-users.org/wiki/ModulesTutorial>.

   ** <http://lua-users.org/wiki/ModuleDefinition>.