> Do you have any statistics on overall usage of 5.2 compared to 5.1?
> The reason I ask is that many of the packages that have Lua embedded,
> like Redis 2.6, are using 5.1, and the Linux distros seem to be mostly
> shipping 5.1 and not 5.2.

No. (We do not have any statistics, period. ;) But we have expected the
transition to be slow. After all, Lua 5.1 has been around for more than
six years.

We believe several programs with Lua embedded may never change. There
are still programs around using Lua 5.0 or older versions. This is how
Lua works. But new programs will more and more use Lua 5.2.

-- Roberto