On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 5:52 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Is anyone using the generational mode for the garbage collection in
> Lua 5.2.1?
>
> We received very little feedback about the generational mode since it
> was introduced in Lua 5.2. In our own experiments the generational mode
> did not show relevant advantages (although it is still hard for us to
> find real Lua programs where to test that kind of stuff). As it is a big
> source of complexity for the collector, we are considering whether it is
> worth keeping it in Lua.
>
> -- Roberto

Do you have any statistics on overall usage of 5.2 compared to 5.1?
The reason I ask is that many of the packages that have Lua embedded,
like Redis 2.6, are using 5.1, and the Linux distros seem to be mostly
shipping 5.1 and not 5.2.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?