2012/7/28 Pierre-Yves Gérardy <pygy79@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Petri Häkkinen <petrih3@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone know if it's possible to back port upvaluejoin() into LuaJIT?
>
> I was about to ask the same question.
> I've checked the source, and it relies on functions absent from v5.1.
> I'm not familiar enough with the VM to tell you it it is possible or
> not.
>
> -- py

I was playing the Legend of Grimrock last night (bought it on Steam a
while ago, but the original post motivated me to actually play it :p),
excellent stuff. :p

Sorry, back to the topic. I believe I've seen similar question on LJ
list, if I understand it correctly:
http://www.freelists.org/post/luajit/preserving-the-relationship-between-upvalues-of-serialized-functions-in-LuaJIT-2

The discussion didn't directly mentioned debug.upvaluejoin() in Lua
5.2, but apparently that thread didn't come up with a conclusion to
back port anything from Lua 5.2. OTOH, LuaJIT 2.0 is probably
officially feature-freezed right now, as the LJ roadmap says. If any
developers think this is a really important feature, maybe a direct
mail to Mike Pall or post to LJ list to bring up this again would be
the right thing to do.

--
Johnson