> Take a look at lua-logging:
> http://neopallium.github.com/lualogging/
>
> It has multiple backends for logging to different locations (console,
> file, rolling file, sql, socket, email).  It is easy to create new
> backends.
>
> --
> Robert G. Jakabosky

It's a Lua only solution, using Lua I/O, so it's potentially blocking, I'm a
bit hesitant about that.
I could modify the socket backend to use copas (but that might harm logging
completeness in case of crashes as the actual logging will be postponed), or
implement a UDP socket (sending is non-blocking). The sockets still require
a receiving part though which also complicates things.

Has anybody done a non-blocking file logger?