Hi list,

I could use some advice on a logging solution.

I’m working on some control software that is intended to run headless as a background service. Reliability is key, so I figured I need a good logging mechanism.

So here’s what it’s at;

- app does a lot of I/O, non-blocking

- uses copas as a scheduler

- cross-platform

- I have next to no experience with databases

- minimum target configuration would approximately be an Open-WRT router

I have not yet searched for any available tools, I figured to better ask first what the do’s and don’ts and caveats are with logging in such a case and only then try and find the tools that match the desired solution.

Any advice on how to best deal with this issue, and any tools that would do the job?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thx!

Thijs