On 20/07/2012 11:42, Bogdan Marinescu wrote:
Last time I checked, wxWidgets was able to compile without GTK given
the right configure/compile flags. I don't remember what were the
other backends though. If IUP can only use GTK, that's definitely a
problem.

What about tekUI?
http://tekui.neoscientists.org/

"TekUI is a small, freestanding and portable graphical user interface (GUI) toolkit written in Lua and C. It was developed for the X Window System initially and has been ported to DirectFB, Windows, Nano-X and a raw framebuffer since."

So it doesn't rely on an existing UI toolkit and it is very lightweight.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France