> RE: this thread in general. I think people massively over-think things
> when it comes to Unicode "support". Most of the time you don't need
> any extra "support" for simple operations and when you do need it, a
> simple library like slnunicode can handle most of the common
> requirements.

Once I saw a presentation of the post-mortem of a big application from
a big company. (I am not sure my NDA allows me to name them.) Since the
beginning of the project they knew they would need "Unicode support"
for internationalization. So, before even started the project, they
built a big library that offered Unicode support for Lua. They finished
successfuly the project without ever using that library.

-- Roberto