On 01/07/2012 19:15, Pierre-Yves Gérardy wrote:
I actually set my French keyboard to US qwerty to mitigate this type
of problem. A lot of software designed for programmers completely
ignore non US layouts (keyboard shortcuts are a common problem).

I still make mistakes from time to time, but I've mostly muscle
memorized the layout.

When I had an Apple //e, French version, we had a switch on the lower right end of the computer / keyboard. It allowed to type either in Qwerty or in Azerty (French keyboard layout). The keyboard had double marking... I typed French texts with Azerty, I programmed (mostly Basic and Pascal at the time...) with Qwerty. Indeed, an interesting exercise...

Today, I can do all my tasks with an Azerty keyboard, and I nearly never have a problem with AltGr or similar. Only the ^ is problematic in some cases.

Back on topic, this thread reminds me of Grunt: http://luaforge.net/projects/grunt/
I briefly tried it but I have little needs in command line automation, beyond what a simple .cmd file can allow.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France