On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM, sergei karhof <karhof21@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I don't know if this has already been mentioned on the Lua list, but
> there seems to be a new, and very promising, mail server scriptable in
> Lua!!
> Very good news indeed.
>
> Just have a look at http://rumble.sourceforge.net/
>
> For a long time I had been looking for something to replace
> Thunderbird. The best I was able to find was Claws Mail, which is
> scriptable, but only in Python/Perl. I remember looking for
> Lua-scriptable mail clients, and finding absolutely none.
>
> Now, Rumble is a mail server, not a mail client, but I hope that it
> may evolve mail client features too. That is, if it proves
> user-friendly and adaptable enough. I have not tried it yet.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with Rumble? Do you think that Rumble is
> flexible enough to be adapted as a mail client (eventually)?

I tried it but it does not respect MX priorities so it is pretty
useless as a mail server, unfortunately. Then I tried to fix this but
the code was too complex for the little time I had available. So I
left an issue on Github, but the developer said he doesn't have time
to fix his code neither... So that's indeed a nice project but it is
not currently maintained.

https://github.com/Humbedooh/rumble/issues/1

FWIW, it has nothing to do with a mail client.

--
Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam