On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM,  <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> that it could not be started because it could not find the
> MSVCR100.dll. I reinstalled as adviced but it does not change
> anything.

Sigh, that's the MSVC 2010 runtime.  The kind thing to do is not
burden your users with software built with Microsoft compilers - they
do make a nice debugger, but their deployment strategy is deeply
irritating.  (The other divisions of MS do not bother with the runtime
stuff generally.)  If it's anything like portable C, then it will
built on mingw, at least finally, since GDB can be a pain to use.

I can't see the point of this thing - you can get original bash
running on Windows, even without cygwin (I use it for git and love
that it understands ~ ).

The Lua part is of course cool...

steve d.